photo by: Cait Kramer Photography
The new website has been live for a week now, and I’m so excited to finally share my hard work with you all. With a new Showit website and blog, I thought I would introduce myself and let you in on who I am!
Here are 15 fun facts about the girl behind the camera:
- I’ve only been outside the U.S. once, and that was on a road trip to Toronto.
- I have had stick straight hair my whole life, but that changed once I had our daughter, Penelepe. Soon after I gave birth in December 2015, my hair started to change from straight to curly. My hair is now super wavy in the back. Weird what pregnancy does to you!
- I prefer to write with mechanical pencils than in pen. I’ve always been that way.
- My husband and I started dating in 2007, and this year we will be celebrating 7 years of marriage and 10 years of being together! I love this man so much, it’s hard to imagine my life without him.
- I watch more Hulu than Netflix. I’m currently streaming Drop Dead Diva and The Mindy Project. They’re so cute!
- I prefer bleu cheese dressing over ranch when it comes to eating buffalo wings. It makes all the difference to me.
- Speaking of sauces, whenever I order french fries from somewhere, I HAVE to have honey mustard 🙂
- My husband picked our daughter’s name, Penelepe, but wanted to make it a liiiiitle different. So, we exchanged the ‘O’ for an ‘E’. Her name will probably be misspelled by others for the rest of her life lol
- We gave Penelepe so many nicknames, and many of them started when she was still in my belly! Penny, Penny Pop, Pen Pens, and Pen – just to name a few 😉
- I love to run, but I don’t get out and do it as much as I used to. This year, one of my goals is to run my first 10K and possibly a half marathon.
- Crickets scare me. I’d rather find a little spider in the house than a cricket. They’re just so creepy!
- I’m also terrified of the dark. Yes, I am that person that comes running from up the basement once the lights go out with that feeling something is going to get me. Don’t judge.
- I’ve cried at every wedding I’ve been to. Especially during the special speeches.
- When I hear a new song that I fall in love with, I will listen to it over and over and over again. It takes a while for a song to get old for me.
- My very first camera was stolen out of my car, when I forgot to lock my doors. The thieves took nothing else!