Being a photographer, you are never done learning and growing in your craft. Whether it’s technical, artistic growth, or in business, there’s always something new to explore. As the years gone by, I’ve joined many Facebook groups geared towards helping and guiding photographers in their careers. While most are more educational, others are more for moral support and encouragement. Today I’m listing a few of my favorite Facebook groups that have helped me out the most in the last few years.
- The Rising Tide Society + Local Chapters – I’ve been apart of this group for a few years now, and I can’t enough great things about this movement. This group is here to supporting one another, uplifting each other, give business advice, and more, all with the mindset of Community Over Competition. With over 40,000 people in the creative industry in this group, you’re sure to get any type of question answered. In addition, every month local chapters of the RTS will get together in person to discuss an aray of different topics such as marketing, SEO, taxes, social media, and more. You can find local chapters in your area here.
- Fuel Your Photos – I just joined this group recently, and I’m already loving it! This group is all about SEO and online marketing for photographers.
- Shoot and Share – The term ‘Shoot and Share’ is a business model for service-based photographers where they shoot their session, then share the high resolution images with their client to keep. The group is geared toward the service-based photographer with content regarding this business model and tips + tricks. Like the RTS, this group is also focused on empowering, uplifting, and helping one another.
- The Business of Photography: Shoot for Profit w/ Rick and Anna – This is another great group that I love. Whether you’re a wedding photographer, portrait photographer, landscape photographer, real estate photographer, for people who practice the shoot and share model or in-person sales, this group covers everything.
- Lovers of Photography and the Office – If you are a fan of the TV show “The Office” and you’re also photographer, you NEED to join this group! I promise you, this will end up being one of your favorite groups to be apart of. While the last three groups on my list are great for educational content and resources, this group is all about The Office + Photography. If you just shot your favorite session to date, there’s an Office meme for that. If you just went through some ups and downs in your photography business, there’s an Office meme for that. If you just booked a dream destination wedding, there’s a meme for that.
Are you apart of any Facebook groups that YOU love? I’d love to hear about them!